Good news for tourism businesses in Wales. Coronavirus restrictions were relaxed yesterday, putting Wales in Alert Level 3, with the next review on 13 May. Some useful advice for the thousands of businesses on a phased return to normal below.
Since Monday 3 May, gyms, fitness facilities, leisure centres, spas and swimming pools were able to reopen and extended households became possible, allowing 2 households to come together to form ‘an exclusive bubble’, to meet and have contact indoors.
Organised children’s indoor activities also restarted, including sporting, cultural and wider recreational groups and clubs, children’s parties and wider gatherings for families and friends in private homes. Organised indoor activities for adults reopened too, for up to 15 people, including, exercise classes and swimming lessons and community centres opened.
Lateral flow self-test kits online
Volunteers and those unable to work from home, can now order a lateral flow self-test kit, ordered online without symptoms and delivered direct to their home.
Bookings from extended households
Wales holiday accommodation operators:
- are allowed to take bookings for stays in self-contained accommodation, from extended household bubbles, in accordance with Welsh regulations.
- Customers outside Wales wishing to book holidays, must comply with Welsh law, as well as restrictions on travelling that apply to the country they come from.
- Tourism and hospitality businesses in Wales must take all reasonable measures to minimise risk of exposure to the virus, and not knowingly accept customers in breach of restrictions.
COVID-19 support documents
Updated checklists are now available to support businesses, including:
- Guidance for Tourism and Hospitality businesses: key measures for social distancing, hygiene and keeping records, to keep staff, customers, visitors safe.
- Business Action Card: information on how to keep COVID-19 out of your premises, what action to take when an employee or customer tests positive and how to minimise spread of COVID-19 in your business.
- Keep Wales Safe assets for use on social media are also available.
For any aspect of tourism business support and advice, please contact our team at LHP on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01267 237534.