Community Changemakers Funding
South West Wales Connected Community Rail Partnership has relaunched a community grant fund to support communities along the railway line in South Wales. Small groups or organisations can apply for between £300 and £1,000 for projects. Community Changemakers fund will directly support groups and organisations who want to drive positive local change, with a minimum of bureaucracy.
Any group of local residents, community organisation, charity, community interest company or micro-SME within 10km/6miles of a train station in Southwest Wales counties can apply.
This covers Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Swansea and Neath Port Talbot. If you are not based within the given radius but can show how funding could support a community near a station, that is fine too. Local change making ideas they list as potentially fund worthy include…
- community green spaces / growing projects
- projects to support local business/’buy local’
- projects to clean up / improve local spaces
- projects promoting sustainability/climate action
- ideas to promote local travel, walking, cycling
- creative & cultural ideas
- Film or Arts projects, local stories of railway
- projects that celebrate a sense of place
- projects for young/older people/other groups
- ideas to improve inclusion and accessibility
The closing deadline for applications is 23 December 2021. For full details of the fund and how to apply:
For help accessing funding including the above, talk to our team who are based across Southwest Wales with offices in Carmarthen, Haverfordwest, Lampeter, Tenby and Cross Hands.