£227m to Support Wales’ Rural Economy & Natural Environment
Welsh Government has earmarked £227m for the next 3 years to support the Welsh rural economy and natural environment. With EU Rural Development Programme (RDP) ending in 2023 this will ensure continuity of support with funding for farmers, foresters, land managers and rural sectors.
The 6 funding themes support projects with environmental benefit such as protein crops, renewable energy usage, new tech for diversification, woodland creation to support a timber industry in Wales and Welsh food and drink with environmental and socially responsible supply chains.
- farm scale land management; enhance natural resources, e.g. grow crops with eco benefit
- farm environmental improvements; including enhancing fuel, feed, nutrient efficiency, embedding circular economy, renewable energy
- farm efficiency and diversification; supporting efficiencies through investment in tech and equipment for agri diversification
- landscape scale land management; delivering nature-based solutions at a landscape scale, ‘multi-sectoral/collaborative’ approach
- woodland and forestry; supporting commitment to 43,000 hectares of woodland by 2030 (timber-based industrial strategy)
- food and farming supply chains; creating strong vibrant Welsh food/drink industry with global reputation for responsible supply chains
See £227 million to support Wales’ rural economy and natural environment for further details and for further advice and support why not talk to one of our agricultural pod specialists at LHP. Let’s Talk.