Self-Assessment Additional Paperwork Reminder
HMRC is reminding Self-Assessment tax payers to check they have the correct information in order to complete their tax return. This year, tax payers also have to declare receipt of any grants or payments from COVID-19 support schemes up to 5 April 2021 as these are taxable, including:
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- COVID-19 grants and support payments (self-isolation payments, local authority grants, Eat Out to Help Out)
The deadline for 2020/21 tax returns is:
- 31 October 2021 for those completed on paper forms
- 31 January 2022 for online returns
You can file your return before the January deadline but still have until 31 January 2022 to pay.
For help filing your 2020/21 return before the deadline to include grants or payments received please contact our team at LHP, let’s talk!